Holy schnickes, Batman. WK4 of the One Room Challenge link up is here and I have zoomed WAY past panic town and landed squarely in whacko jacko territory. For serious, I am pleading temporary insanity as an excuse for agreeing to do this on a deadline, under a tight (read non-existent) budget with only myself and the mr. for labor. Only a nutso would foolishly agree to such chicanery. I mean, I might even have gone backwards this week. But more on that in a minute.
Meanwhile in Pleasantville, the pros continue to knock it out over the white picket fences. Check their WK4 progress here. Awesome stuff happening.
As for me, WK1 is here, WK2 is here, and WK3 is here. And for those of you just tuning in to Chez V, I dubbed this master bedroom makeover Project Chinoisy Safari Chic because I am going for a cocooning European colonial vibe with a heavy dose of chinoiserie because, much like bacon and animal prints, every thing is better with chinoiserie. Not to mention chinoiserie accents are timeless and fit in with nearly every décor style. But I digress.
If you recall from last week, I was not entirely satisfied with my block printed and hand-painted dragon fabric. I just didn’t like the weight of the fabric and I couldn’t even buy the damn down inserts from my local place to turn the fabric into pillows. Grrrr. I was all ready to order some inserts from Lewis & Sheron and make do until I came across the Ektorp lumbar pillows at IKEA. Right size, right fabric weight, right price. Upside, down inserts are included and I wouldn’t have to sew pillow covers. I have a hate hate relationship with my sewing machine. Downside, re-printing and painting the dragon fabric. And I am still cha cha-ing backward…
So I spent the weekend re-printing. Fabric is a more appropriate upholstery weight but a little more textured so the print is not as clean but I am ok with that. Last night, I scrambled to hand paint the gold detailing after my little went to sleep. I got all the way to the last few dragons and succeeded in spilling gold paint on the printed fabric. Triple feckety feck. I am not doing it over a 3rd time. I am rolling with the punches and hoping that my accent pillow will cover the little oops. All in all, I am loving how these pillows are turning out. I am referring to them as my ghetto version of the gorgeous Dana Gibson pillows that I wanted so badly for the space but for which I did not have the budget.
And in true freak a khan fashion, where procrastination reigns supreme in the face of a looming deadline, I decided to make tassels for the pillows. After a trial run, I decided I could swing it but it is reminding me a lot of that time I made a ginormous pom pom pillow for my daughter’s nursery and swore to never do that sillyness again. Except that I am, with even smaller thread. What’s wrong with me?
For all of you who cheered along on my search for the world’s perfect solution to my sconce problem – the Ranarp - well, I have an update on the search which involves a lot of who’s on first, don’t we know anyone on second, and random acts of kindness from friends of friends, in laws once removed, and social media connections, all of which may or may not end in victory due to some last minute intel gleaned from another interested party. But you will have to tune in on Monday for that detailed account which involves a two part story from myself and Elizabeth over at Little Black Door.
As for the neverending paint story, still unfinished. The mr. is out of town this week. Rude. But he did bust his ass on Sunday and we are one wall away from slapping some paint on the walls. With the mr. gone, a 5 yr old in tow and a 4 day school week, that means this bizzo ain’t getting shizzo done this week. Clearly it’s time for wine.
|shit is just piling up and I have resorted to using Hello Kitty as labor - help!|
Now let’s go check out those other busy bloggers and see what real progress looks like b/c sadly there isn't much here!
kisses, mrs. V