3.04.2013

Tales From the Projects - Blockprinting Fabric




This is what I typically do when I can’t find something.  Or in this case, when I can’t find something that I can afford.  I make it.  Here is a little snippet of a trial run for yet another one of my lofty ideas.  This little project combines two of my deep loves – block printing and textiles.  Well, actually three loves because everyone knows of my obsession with chinoiserie.  Drawing and carving the block is the easy part.  Squaring the fabric and laying out the pattern is another story.  Will keep you posted as it progresses.



All photos and layouts by mrs. V

kisses,  mrs. V

2 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I seriously don't know how I missed this one. We need to talk about your blog marketing.This should be all around Pinterest by now.

Amanda said...

This is fantastic! Obsessed with the dragons! I remember doing block printing in high school. I don't think mine turned out this good!

hammerandheels.blogspot.com