8.25.2014

Living - Patio Perching

Hard to believe that tomorrow marks the end of the Summer for the V household.  Is it me or did this Summer just fly by?!  Thinking the unusually mild weather had something to do with that sentiment but you won’t find me complaining about it.  I’ll take the mild weather any day.  We were able to spend a lot of time on our patio this Summer as a result.  As my IG feed indicates, major patio perching happened filled with loads of simple, seasonal fare and plenty o' wine. 
















I hold a soft spot in my heart for the patio/pond sitch as it was one of my first DIY projects.  Long and short of it is that I got a quote for it and the pond alone was in the $20K range.  Um, no.  I can’t afford to pay attention let alone pay that kind of money for a water feature.  So, my mother-in-law and I tackled it ourselves.  I spoke about the project here and here way back when.  I also planted every tree and shrub (almost 60) on my property with the exception of the 3 huge trees in back and a few big pines in front.  I was a busy gal but I saved a ton by doing it myself and now am thoroughly enjoying the fruits of my labor.

It's back to school this week for P so that means more time for me to dream up the next project 'round these parts.

All photos and styling by Emily Vanderputten 

kisses,  mrs. V

8 comments:

Three Sisterz said...

I love it. Stunning. Gorgeous. Wish I could spend a day with you in your backyard.

House@heart said...

Your patio loogs so chic and inviting! I love it, and it looks like you got great use out of it this summer!! So nice!
Love all the pots and plants!
I also wrote about my outdoor setup, but for the entryway. I love summer as it is always full of green and other vibrant colours!
xo
Ozana

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

YOU know how to perch! And I'm thinking you should be a professional landscaper - your yard is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Wow...your yard is amazing! I can do the labor, but I'm not the best at picking out what will look good.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Nice to hear that your are out enjoying your yard...and it's a stunner. I would love a pond like that. Well done!

therelishedroost said...

Gorgeous post! The food looks just as inviting as the patio!!

SHERRY HART said...

Holy smokes....that is back breaking work. You must be built like a lumberjack :). I agree 20K is a shitload of $$$ so I hope you got some massages along the way on that project! Meanwhile I sit here wishing I had a water feature as I turn on the hose and aim it into the air pretending.

Kim said...

Oh so inspiring and beautiful ... patio and food!! xo