4.03.2012

Tales from the Projects - 'V' Basket Sneak Peak


Some New V’s in Town…

Here is a little sneak peak at some jaunty new fellas at Chez V.  Sadly, after 3 years, some of my outdoor baskets had to be replaced.  Apparently wood rots out in the elements.  As I mentioned here, I am still enamored with plantings in baskets, so I have been on the down low (still technically on economic lockdowngate) lookout for some replacements.  I could not pass these up at 55% off.  You will never guess where I found them!


Oh, the possibilities!  I am currently considering upright ferns, hydrangea, or boxwoods.  These fellas are probably destined for the covered front porch where they will hold up a bit longer.


In other news, when the prospect of the same-old same-old grilled cheese sandwich won’t cut it with a 3 year old, check out your cookie cutter collection.  Leveraging the power of holiday goodies works every time.  She ate it like it was the last sandwich on earth.

Go on, take a guess about the baskets…

All photos by me
kisses,  mrs. V

3 comments:

Romance, Romance, Romance said...

We live in different states so I can't possibly figure out where you found your basket treasure, but I'm jealous. They are awesome!

mrs. V | Chez V said...

I found the baskets on clearance at Meijer of all places! I love that Kuba style wood so I just added V's to personalize them!

Unknown said...

Just saw this post, and I had to chime in and say - I LOVE MEIJER!!! and your easter grilled cheese are fabulous, total genius!