1.06.2014

My Favorite Corner



Do you have a favorite corner or spot in your house?  When the sun  unexpectedly showed her face this morning in spite of the frigid negative degree temps, I was struck by the beauty of this spot in my bedroom and decided then and there that it was my favorite – which, not surprisingly, happens to be in my favorite room in the house thanks to the One Room Challenge.  But this particular corner, on this particular day just seems so warm and so right.  This spot contains some of the things that I super love:  animal print, pattern, color, art, greenery, sparkling jewelry, and Chinoiserie. Oh, and one quirky element.  It is quite simply SO me.  Which is to say, that in collecting things that I truly love no matter how disparate they may seem, they come together and just work.  At least, for me.  And that is what is important.  











I have found that when I stay true to my own aesthetic rather than following trends, the pieces I select and those that I have chosen to hold on to throughout the years stand the test of time.  To be sure, I am an incurable magpie and switch things up constantly but most pieces can move anywhere in my house and work.  As a matter of fact, my lovely Italian cheetah has already laid claim to another warm spot in the house. And while we are being quite frank, I will likely have a new favorite spot tomorrow.




What corner of your house is SO you?

All photos and styling by mrs. V


kisses,  mrs. V

16 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

If I had a corner that looked like this, I would. I never noticed that cheetah. Loving everything in this space.

Meg@OliverandRust said...

perfectly eclectic again. a style that captures my heart. i love the cheetah

Sadie + Stella said...

Why are you so disgustingly talented??

Kim said...

Right now I have no corner. But I am working on it!! Sometimes a good corner is all one needs! xo

Kristen @ Pursuing Vintage said...

Fantastic cheetah! So unexpected and fun! Beautiful lamp, too!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

You speak the truth my friend. Love your spot and the way your brain works.

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

That is a darn good favorite corner!

MFAMB said...

that cheetah's face is cute as hell.

Sadie + Stella said...

As it should be!! I want that cheetah! I think I need to feature you on the blog. Thoughts?!?!

Sarah ::Heart Deco:: said...

What is this paint color?! Dying to know.

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

i love that you have such a unique perspective. i love a good strong sense of self! this corner is fantastic. i want a cheetah.

Emma (Glitter and Gold) said...

i love this corner . . . like LOVE it! what a perfect mix of imperfect stuff! I LOVE the painting . . . can you share details?

mrs. V | Chez V said...

Sarah - the color on the walls is Ralph Lauren Deep Pool VM 120 mixed in Ben Moore's Aura line in semi gloss.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

GREAT ART and bangles ( :

House@heart said...

I am confessing that I think I am going to become a stalker... decor-related, obviously!!:) I LOVE YOUR PLACE!!
XO
Ozana

Andrea said...

You never cease to amaze me with your talent... This is positively OVER THE TOP blue and white gorgeous goodness!! AMAZING!!!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad