9.19.2012

Tales From the Projects - Hand Etched Ornaments


Monograms are Like Bacon, They Make Everything Better…

And so the season is upon us. Or I should say, upon me.  I am in armpit deep, guns a blazin’ Holiday mode.  Spastically cramming and creating new product for my trunk show in October as well as working on some new and exciting things.  Here is a quick peak at just a few of the newest things rolling off the Chez V production line – aka my kitchen table.  Please note that these are quick shots and full of lint as I was too excited to dig out my lint-free cloths b/f mugging them for the camera.



Last year I did a number of etched ornaments as teacher gifts with the teacher name and an apple.  Big hit.  This year I am super excited about the monogrammed silhouettes.  I have more options in the works and will share as soon as I can crank them out - the ornaments are very time consuming.  If you are interested, send me a note here with subject line 'ornament.'

In other news, I dabbled with gold leaf last night thinking I could create some pretty glammed up motif ornaments.  I had big visions of shiny leafy awesomeness.  Let’s just say the reality was a lot like one of Lohan’s mug shots – one hot mess.  But I am not giving up on that dream.

 

I told you people last week that I was likely to be messing with gold leaf.  I am a woman of my word.
kisses, mrs. V

2 comments:

Albertina || MimosaLane said...

awesome!! Can't believe Christmas is so close. I'm here from Crafty Home life....I look forward to reading more!

mrs. V | Chez V said...

thanks for visiting Albertina!