2.10.2012

Meet mrs. V


That Elevator Speech…if it is going to the Moon

Remember that post with the advice about making sure that you, my dear readers, know who I am and what I stand for – in 5 words or less???  Welllllll….I have been thinking about this a lot and I must admit that I am still flummoxed.  Let’s make a pact that I will work on editing (another one of my not-so-strong suits) my entire being into those 5 pesky words.  In the meantime, grab a cup and let’s get to know each other.  Here’s what I can tell you about me:


I have many and varied interests.  I live for music – can’t function without it.  I love a great story – real or imagined – and it is impossible for me to communicate without moving my arms .  My obsession with interior design started at the age of 4 when I received an incredible wooden dollhouse.  I began moonlighting as a party planner at 5 when I planned a birthday party for my little sister without telling my mother.  Seriously, parents showed up on a Saturday with kids and presents in tow much to my mother’s dismay.  No worries, I totally rocked that party – games and everything!!  Both grandmothers influenced my love of cooking and entertaining.  My world gets all wobbly if I ignore my need to paint or draw.   Making stuff, learning stuff and sharing the result makes my heart go pitter patter. 



I do my best work when I have creative freedom.  I find inspiration EVERYWHERE I look.  Inspiring others to chase their dreams and do their best work is my strongest competitive advantage.  I will run through a brick wall for you if I respect you.  I can at times seem emotionally detached but my lack of commitment is not for lack of interest.   I like immediate results and get distracted easily so I move on to the next thing quickly.  It is not out of character for me to repaint my bedroom when cleaning out the refrigerator.



I am a staunch friend and don't hold grudges.  At least not for long.   I am not a rule-breaker by nature with the exception of speeding.  I can't abide bad drivers.   I am an incurable people pleaser.  I run from confrontation like I have shooting diarrhea.  I laugh like a crazy person and talk super fast.  I dance like nobody's business.  



I am very present in the moment sometimes to the exclusion of others.  I used to be tardy, A LOT.   And not always dependable.  But that was in my 20’s when my world view consisted of me.  I have changed my flaky ways.  And you should know, I am an avid car singer.  And clapper.  But I am told my car clapping is obnoxious.


I started this blog as a creative outlet but it is really about finding my voice and honing my style.  It is about evolving as a person and sharing the details that make up my life.  It is about creating a well-lived life and aspiring to do better.  To be better.  I hope I entertain you a little along the way with life at Chez V.  This blog is my story.  What’s yours?

kisses,  mrs. V

3 comments:

Wendy said...

My description of you in 5 words: "No longer no-show Nickell" :) Or, "Amazingly beautiful inside and out."

Love ya!

KVP said...

You know, I would give anything to be treated to some clapping in the car right about now. I'm sure my opinion on it will have mellowed after all these years.

kisses,
The other Mrs. V

mrs. V | Chez V said...

Ah, the other Mrs. V. Welcome, my dear, dear friend. While I am glad to hear that your opinion of my clapping serenades may have mellowed over the years, I fear the decibel level has not. My husband tends to agree with your previous views.

kisses back at you!