2.28.2012

Tales From the Projects - another DIY acrylic tray


Acrylic Tray–a-nator 3000 - part deux
Took another whack at the trays.  This go round I began by using spray adhesive in place of the Mod PodgeIt should be noted that mr. V asserted that this method would not work either.  But I had high hopes that a fine spray would not give me those pesky little air pockets.  Epic fail.  The spray adhesive was a nightmare and saturated through the paper leaving an oily looking mess.  I was so crushed I didn’t even take a snappy Q.





I went back to the drawing board.  I hacked.  I poked.  I used different papers and I am much happier with this result.  Although it is not perfect - there are still a few air pockets – there are considerably less than the first time.



This tray is a birthday present for my mother.  Hope she digs it.  I, for one, am in love with this chinoiserie type pattern.



In other project news, I finished this bell-shaped hurricane over the weekend for one of my clients.  And I am over the moon to be helping my dear, dear cousin with a stationary order for her bosses.

And last but not least, since this is a place of accountability, I am sharing this BEFORE picture of our kitchen. Well, it is technically, MID-PROJECT, but before we finish up the banquette cushions, window treatments, re-finish the floors, and fingers crossed, a supercalifab situation for that wall.


Ignore the Ikea shelf and random placement of the art and mirror.  These are the remnants from a previous incarnation of the kitchen.
kisses,  mrs. V

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that island cart! Where is it from?

mrs. V | Chez V said...

The island was made by my in-laws and the stool is from Wisteria.