Acrylic Tray–a-nator 3000 - part deux
Took another whack at the trays. This go round I began by using spray adhesive in place of the Mod Podge. It should be noted that mr. V asserted that this method would not work either. But I had high hopes that a fine spray would not give me those pesky little air pockets. Epic fail. The spray adhesive was a nightmare and saturated through the paper leaving an oily looking mess. I was so crushed I didn’t even take a snappy Q.
I went back to the drawing board. I hacked. I poked. I used different papers and I am much happier with this result. Although it is not perfect - there are still a few air pockets – there are considerably less than the first time.
This tray is a birthday present for my mother. Hope she digs it. I, for one, am in love with this chinoiserie type pattern.
In other project news, I finished this bell-shaped hurricane over the weekend for one of my clients. And I am over the moon to be helping my dear, dear cousin with a stationary order for her bosses.
And last but not least, since this is a place of accountability, I am sharing this BEFORE picture of our kitchen. Well, it is technically, MID-PROJECT, but before we finish up the banquette cushions, window treatments, re-finish the floors, and fingers crossed, a supercalifab situation for that wall.
Ignore the Ikea shelf and random placement of the art and mirror. These are the remnants from a previous incarnation of the kitchen.
kisses, mrs. V